Saturday, February 2, 2008

A Letter to Voice of Anggun (My Winning Entry)











( Just write down my name ‘santoli pantjalogam’ in any search engine to have a closer look at that website, OK )

Salut, VOA !

I am Santoli from Indonesia. I began to like Anggun when she sang a pop rock song named 'Tua - tua Keladi' – which criticizing a lascivious old man's bad behavior cynically. It was really a huge hit across the nation at that time. We could always listen to that catchy song over and over again being played every day on the radio - and every one was talking about the song which had raised her popularity to the highest peak in her singing career. Imagine that! By that time she was only a Junior High School student, but already got a big success in her early age!

Following her fame, she had toured to many cities and towns. After that, she also had some more hits that topped the charts in our music industry.

Later, I heard that she had moved abroad to develop her music career, to London then to Paris, exactly. And as a result, came out her first international album called ANGGUN ( in English ) and Au Nom de La Lune ( in French, in order to be marketed in France and French speaking contries ) - a nice collaboration between Anggun herself and the song writer / cold hand producer, Erick Benzi. Finally, Anggun goes international !!! I was very proud of her.

From the album, Anggun had the hit single Snow on the Sahara. The single succeeded in placing at number 19 on Billboard Boarder Breaker Chart. What a good achievement! The album itself sold up to one million copies around the world. She also had toured to many places all over the world, including The Lilith Fair Festival in the USA. I got so much sensational experience, she said.

The songs I like the most in this album are Always, La Rose Des Vents and La Ligne Des Sens. I like the music in this album - I think the music is rather magical, cultural and very Java styled ( especially on the flute sound ).

In her second album - Chrysalis / Desirs Contraires, Anggun again showed her sexy and strong contra-alto vocal. There is a song entitled How the World that contains the Indian music, although taken from the sampling. The sound in this album is less cultural, but universal. My favorite tracks are Breathing ( I think this song is very sexy ), A Prayer ( that gives us hope after listening to it ), Rain, and at last Still Reminds Me ( its music is so tempting, you know ).

I would say that her French is so good – I often play her French albums day by day as my admiration of her good work. Feeling and experiencing her powerful voice and her great music with my heart and my soul. For me, her single Au Nom de La Lune is her best French song ever. You can feel the strength and the softness in that song altogether. As the impact, now I am learning French – I want to be like her, to be able to talk fluently like she does. Je t’aime, Anggun ! You really rock ! BRAVO ! ! !






Santoli Pantjalogam / Patrick Logan

1 comment:

Harrys said...

Oh yeahh, I would always recall that old day...I was one of the winner. Hahaha! Too bad, I didn't remember even a word of my winning entry. I just sent it and never saved it for my personal documentary. Poor me!