Friday, February 1, 2008

Swimming, My Favorite Sport !!!


Swimming, My Favorite Sport

By : Santoli / Patrick Logan

The one and only sport I love muchly is swimming. I like to swim in the afternoon, around 17.00 – 18.45 at Detis, Pematangsiantar. If I have vacation I’d like to swim in Lake Toba or in the sea. But the condition is really really different between swimming ia a static pool to a wavy sea. The sensation is awesome. If we swim in the sea, I notice that we can’t dive in deeper easily – no matter how hard you try you will remain to be pulled out soon.

Once I had been to Makassar and had a chance to swim in its clear sea. The scenary under the water was magnificent, there were many many beautiful fishs swimming over here and over there. I was attracted to catch some so I began to dive. But, as I went under the water to reach the bottom a strong power pushed me upward to the surface. It was so hard to do so. Finally my desire to catch some beautiful fish was shattered. I just swam instead. Using a pair of goggles I could see the beauty down there but couldn’t get them. It was pathetic !

When swimming in Toba Lake the condition was a bit haunted. You know, we couldn’t see the bottom of the lake. It was too deep. There were so many water plants floating nearly the surface in some location. So, be carefull Guys if you swim in those areas !Finally, what I’m going to tell you is that swimming is really good for our body. It can burn some fat, make our body much taller and muscular.

So, let’s swim Guys !!!

1 comment:

Harrys said...

I do love swimming. In Ocean Park (BSD-Jakarta), there's a zone where the pool is wavy just like a stormy ocean. I managed to conquer it...hahahaha! I frequently pass Lake Toba by. Swimming there is one of my 'obsession'...but I heard the condition is no longer 'friendly to swim/dive in'. Kind of dirty and smelly, though.